I kindly got gifted some Meatless Farm goodies the other week to make up some yummy veggie recipes. I decided to use the Meatless Farm Mince to make my own veggie burgers with an Indian Cuisine inspired twist.
A naan bread, topped with a dollop of mango chutney, spinach leaves, a curry spiced patty, grilled paneer cheese and some homemade raita. And all completely vegetarian!
For Curry Patty:
- 400g Meatless Farm mince
- 1 tbsp curry powder plus extra for frying onions
- 1 tbsp mint
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 250g Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cucumber, diced
- 2 tsps mint
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 3 tbsps rapeseed oil for frying
- 4 mini naan breads
- 1 handful of spinach
- 4 tbsps mango chutney
- 1 block of paneer cheese
- 1 bag of sweet potato fries (if not homemade)
- 1 bunch of vine tomatoes
- Fry 1/2 diced onion and 1 sliced garlic clove in 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil. Coat with 2 tsps of curry powder and fry for 5 mins.
- Once the onions and garlic have cooled, add to a bowl and mix gently into 400g Meatless Farm mince. Add 1 tbsp curry powder and 1 tbsp mint and mix into mince mixture.
- Slowly mix in 1 egg yolk to bind the mixture.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Form 4 burger like shapes and place onto lined tray. Keep refrigerated for 1 hour to set the burgers.
- Preheat the oven for sweet potato fries to be cooked while frying the burgers, following packet instructions.
- Once the burgers have set, heat 1 tbsp rapeseed oil in a frying pan or grill and fry burgers for 10 – 15 mins, turning occasionally.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tbsp rapeseed oil. Slice the paneer cheese and fry in pan for 5 – 10 mins or until browned, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the sweet potato fries. Mine indicated 20 mins, so I put mine in the oven 5 mins before starting to cook the burgers.
- Roast the vine tomatoes for 15 – 20 mins in the oven during this time as well.
- Prepare the raita by mixing together all the raita ingredients.
- Heat 4 mini naan breads and place on plates, followed by 1 tbsp of mango chutney and some spinach leaves on each.
- Then, place the curry patties on top, with a dollop of raita.
- Serve with the sweet potato fries and the roasted vine tomatoes.
Summary With Pictures
I hope you enjoy this vegetarian, modern Indian dish!
Sarah – X
For more recipes and daily Foodieness follow my Instagram page, Foodnatic__