Wondering what to do with that Sunday Roast leftover lamb? Why not try my Lamb Tagine? A warming and feel-good dish, made in 10 minutes.
I like my Tagine drier than your typical Tagine, so I use Passata sauce which has a thicker consistency than tinned chopped tomatoes. However, if you like a wetter dish I recommend tinned chopped tomatoes.
- Leftover Chopped Lamb.
- 350g Passata Sauce.
- 1 Onion.
- 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas.
- 1 Handful of Sultanas.
- 1 Handful of Almonds.
- 1 tbsp Ras el Hanout Seasoning.
- 1 tbsp Ground Cayenne Pepper.
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper.
- 1/2 tsp Salt.
- 1 tbsp Coriander.
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry in pan till softened.
- Cook the chickpeas in the microwave and add to pan.
- Add Ras el Hanout and cayenne and let the onions absorb the seasoning for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, along with the sultanas, almonds and leftover chopped lamb.
- Add the black pepper, salt and coriander and leave to simmer.
- Meanwhile prepare your couscous by mixing it with boiling water in a bowl.
- Once ready, plate up the couscous and add the Tagine on top. Finish off with an extra sprinkle of coriander.
I hope you enjoy!
Sarah – x