Who doesn’t love brownies? Seeing as brownies are a favourite for most and Biscoff cakes are the latest trend in the baking world, I thought I would make some Biscoff Brownies. I made mine vegan so they are suitable for a larger number of you.
I followed Sweetest Menu’s recipe for vegan brownies and added a Biscoffy twist.
- 140 g plain flour
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 200 g caster sugar
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g vegan chocolate (>70% cocoa)
- 250 ml almond milk
- 75 g dark chocolate chips or 75 g dark chocolate chopped up
- 2 tbsps Biscoff spread
- 5 Biscoff biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180C conventional /160C fan.
- Add to a mixing bowl 140 g flour, 20 g cocoa powder, 200 g caster sugar and mix well.
- Add 80 ml vegetable oil and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Heat 200g dark chocolate pieces in microwave for 2 mins or till melted.
- Add melted chocolate to mixture along with 240ml almond milk and mix well.
- Add 75g dark chocolate chips OR place dark chocolate pieces into a bag and bash until small chips form and add to chocolate mixture. Mix gently.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 tbsps of Biscoff spread and heat in microwave for 1 min or until melted.
- Line a 8 inch baking tin with parchment paper and add chocolate mixture.
- Add spoonfuls of melted Biscoff on top and swirl in patterns with knife.
- Decorate with chopped Biscoff biscuits.
- Bake for 25-30 mins (skewer should come out clean).
- Leave to cool, then cut into even squares and serve!
A step by step video of how to make these amazing treats is available on my Tiktok.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Sarah – xx