If you like your brownies extra chocolatey and super gooey, this is the recipe for you. Chocolate brownies with a crunchy outer layer and a soft centre, full of raspberries and pistachios.
What make these brownies unique is the natural sweetness from the raspberries and that extra crunch from the pistachios. Inspiration by Madeleine Shaw.
- 75g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 128g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 250g granulated sugar
- 75g cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 65g flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 200g raspberries
- 100g pistachios
- Preheat oven to 160C fan or 180C conventional
- Grease medium tin with butter and line with parchment paper
- Weigh 75g butter and 128g dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl
- Heat butter and chocolate in microwave for 1 min or until melted
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add 3 eggs and whisk
- Once the eggs are fully incorporated into the mixture, add 250g granulated sugar
- Add 75g cocoa powder
- Add 1/3 cup vegetable oil and mix well
- Once mixed, add 65g flour
- Add 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well
- Add half of your raspberries (100g) to the mixture, along with half of your pistachios (50g) – we are going to use the rest later to sprinkle on top
- Mix well and spread your chocolate mixture evenly across the lined baking tin
- Sprinkle over the rest of the raspberries (100g) and pistachios (50g) and push them into the mixture slightly, ensuring the tops are popping out
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins
Your baked brownie should be crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle but not too soft it can’t hold together. The brownies harden with cooling.
Cut up into even squares and sprinkle over some raspberries and pistachios for presentation. Tastes good with some melted white chocolate drizzled on top.
I am now on TikTok!! You can find this recipe there as well: @foodnatic. Follow me for more recipe videos.
Let me know if you give this recipe a try and tag me in your creations on Instagram.
Stay safe. Lots of love,
Sarah – x