This is probably one of my most favourite recipes that I have ever made, so I am very excited to share it with you guys. Sweet miso & mirin aubergine topped with melted feta cheese and crunchy pomegranate seeds, on a bed of lentils and couscous. A plate that combines just the right balance of sweet with savoury, and a variety of textures that just work perfectly together.
- Serves 4
- Prepping + Cooking Time = 30 minutes
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Olive oil
- 1 bag Merchant Gourmet Puy Lentils
- 200g couscous
- Feta cheese
- Pomegranate seeds
- 4 spring onions
- 4 baby corns
- Cut the aubergine in half and score in a criss-cross pattern. Place on a baking tray and drizzle over a generous amount of olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes till the aubergine has softened.
- Chop the aubergine where scored to form cubes, keeping the skin.
- Pour boiling water over your couscous and leave for around 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add some olive oil to a pan (ideally a grilling pan) and heat the aubergine.
- Meanwhile make your sauce by mixing your mirin, miso, soy sauce & honey, and heating in a pan.
- Add your sauce to your aubergine and ensure the aubergine cubes are covered in the sauce.
- Slice your babycorn in half and fry in a separate pan.
- Cook your lentils in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Add the lentils & couscous to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Plate up the lentils & couscous mixture, followed by the miso aubergine and babycorn. Top with a sprinkle of feta cheese, pomegranate seeds and chopped raw spring onions.
Sarah – x