Pasta bake is such a comforting, tasty meal which is so easy to make and provides you with enough meals for the rest of the week if you are just cooking for yourself. I like adding a twist to my pasta bake and not just making your standard pasta with sauce and cheese. This time I made a veggie version with Linda McCartney chorizo & red pepper sausages, roasted vegetables, tomato & Philadelphia sauce and plenty of cheddar cheese.
I used gluten free pasta, however feel free to use durum pasta 🙂
- 500g gluten free fusilli (or durum fusilli)
- 1 pack of six Linda McCartney chorizo & red pepper sausages
- 1 red onion
- 1 courgette
- A handful of chestnut mushrooms
- 1 400ml tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Light Philadelphia/cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A handful of grated cheddar cheese
- Cook the fusilli according to packet instructions, around 10 minutes.
- Preheat the fan oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes.
- Chop the courgette, red onion and mushrooms and add to a mixing bowl. Add oil and mix well. Spread the veggies evenly on a baking tray and roast in oven for 15 -20 minutes.
- Place the sausages on a separate baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes, following packet instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and leave aside.
- Make the sauce by heating the chopped tomatoes with the cream cheese in a pan. Add the spices and coriander, and heat till simmering.
- Pour some of the sauce onto the pasta and mix well.
- Place the pasta into a pasta dish. Add the sausages and veggies and top with the remaining sauce and grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the 180 degrees Celsius oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the top looks golden.
- Share with friends or family, or keep the leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
Sarah – x