Craving some tasty chocolate pancakes but trying to avoid gluten and dairy? Here is the recipe for you!
This recipe can also obviously be altered to include normal flour and cows milk if preferred 🙂
- 100g gluten free flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300 ml almond milk
- Vegetable oil
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sweet Freedom chocolate mint shot
- Triple Chocolate Curls
- Handful of raspberries
- Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder to a mixing bowl and stir till combined. Whisk in the eggs followed by the almond milk to create a smooth, thick batter. If using a blender, simply add all the ingredients to the blender and blend till the ingredients have combined.
- Heat a frying pan and add a splash of oil. Make sure the pan is hot enough and greased before adding the batter, to avoid sticking.
- Add a small amount of batter to create a small circle in the form of an American pancake. Quickly add some more batter on top if you would like a thicker pancake. Repeat this till you have used up all the batter.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and top with a squiggle of chocolate mint shot, a handful of raspberries and a sprinkle of triple chocolate curls.
It is tricky at first to judge how much batter to add and at what speed to add it, but you eventually get the hang of it!
Let me know how it goes if you try out my recipe 🙂 !
Sarah – x